Log in

No account? Create an account
Penguin - Mambo

Trip entry number 5

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 – at sea

Up at 7am, bright, sunny morning and then fog moved in and out again. Breakfast arrived. We went and learned how to make a flower. Sat with Beelee and Shubert and Shirley. Then to Cruise Critics Meet and Greet. Met Keith and Lynne from Stittsville. Came back to cabin and picked up stuff and left stuff. Went to the shops and Mom bought a book. Then we started to have lunch at the Garden Café but decided to go to the dining room to be served (easier for me than trying to push Mom and pick up food). We met Audrey and had a chat then decided to come back to our cabin and relax. We both had a nap. Mom couldn’t keep her eyes open when she tried to read. The ship’s motion rocks me to sleep. After we woke, we put on our other pants and went to dinner. Our server was a sweetheart named Jennifer from the Philippines and we had hugs. Then we invited Marty and Betty from Welland to join us and we had a nice visit – came back to our cabin and I went to the Garden Café for water, tea and cookies for our bed time snacks.



I'm ashamed to confess that I've only gotten as far in my reading as this entry. The weekend was just crazy busy. I'm hoping to read all of your entries soon.

So far it sounds like your trip was very relaxing. It's great that your mom had the option of staying on the ship if she didn't feel up to a day trip. It also sounds like you met some great people on your tour. :-)
Don't worry that you haven't read it all. It is rather long.

Yes, Mom stayed on the ship for several ports, but I made her go ashore more often than she had on any other trip. My knee is paying the price for pushing her wheelchair around on uneven sidewalks and streets. If I had given her a choice, she would have not gone ashore at all just to save me the "hassle" (her word) of dealing with her. Heck, she paid my way so I could take care of her. She should have known I would take that seriously.
I'm glad your Mom didn't remain on the ship for all the ports. I can understand why she was afraid of being a burden, but I'm glad you insisted on her leaving the ship for some of the ports, even if your poor knee is paying the price. It's a good thing your surgery is coming up soon.
Even though my knee is paying the price, I would not have let Mom sit alone in the cabin for the entire cruise. Crowds overwhelm her (and me), but she is too social for that much solitude. She kept telling me to go out without her, but I couldn't do it. I think she left the cabin on her own only once in the 14 days on ship. Is it any wonder I spent most of my time with her? I can be just as stubborn as she can.

April 2015



Powered by LiveJournal.com